The Journal of Military, Veteran and Family Health (JMVFH) is seeking high-quality, timely articles that explore chronic pain in military members, Veterans, and their families, for publication in a November 2021 special edition. The purpose of the special edition is to highlight emerging research, trends, and future directions regarding the nature, extent, impacts, prevention and management of chronic pain through military, Veteran and family health research. Articles included in the supplement will advance analysis in this research field and examine implications for policy and services in these communities.
Submissions from both Canadian and international researchers are welcome.
Articles including (but not limited to) the following themes/sub-themes will be considered:
- Epidemiology of chronic pain
- Challenges and opportunities related to policy, program design and service delivery
- Physical or mental health in relation to chronic pain
- Social determinants and impacts of chronic pain
- Impacts of chronic pain on various aspects of well-being, including employment, financial, psychological, economic, housing, and social well-being.
- Chronic pain care models
- Occupational and operational issues
- Chronic pain recognition, diagnosis and management
- Chronic pain education
Click here to find out more about submitting your article.